This is our last newsletter for the year – 5 weeks and we are done with 2015.
Our offices will close for the festive season on 15 December 2015 and will reopen on 4 January 2016. Clients can rest assure that their accountants will assist with any emergency support and will also take care of any work that needs to be done during this period.
We leave you with a video of Steve Cohen, co-founder of what is now Sage Pastel, at a very recent Suits & Sneakers event. He reflects on his thoughts after a bike ride around the country and he shares his thoughts on a host of topics that he feels is important to everyday South Africans:
New updates on cloud accounting software
Both SageOne and Xero released some really cool new features in November:
- Balance Sheet: The long-awaited Balance Sheet replaces the Statement of Assets and Liabilities.
- New Defaults: Set default VAT types on Customers, Suppliers and Accounts as well as default Discounts and Due Dates on Customer and Suppliers.
- Account Lines on Documents: Add your own description to Account lines on your quotes and invoices.
- Custom Layouts: Import and export Custom Layouts to quickly and easily share invoice and statement layouts.
- And, at last! Multi Currency is here!
- Xero released a new feature called invoice reminders which allow you to automatically send your customers an email reminder about their invoice. You will be able to remind them before or after it’s due date and the message is fully customizable. But once you get it set up, you don’t have to worry about it anymore.